Well, let's see.
Two weeks ago, Americans gave control of Congress to the Democrats. Since then:
1. The House Speaker-designate, Dragon Lady Nancy Pelosi, tried to install the hopelessly corrupt John Murtha as majority leader. Her colleagues voted "no way".
2. Charlie Rangel, the lost in the 60s House powerhouse, has promised to raise taxes and reinstitute the draft, only to have Pelosi and others say "no way".
3. Carl Levin, a Senate powerhouse, has promised to cut and run from Iraq in four to six months, only to have colleagues say "no way".
4. Hillarybeast has put Hillarycare back on the table, only to have colleagues say "no way".
5. In a fit of personal pique, the Dragon Lady has promised to turn over the House Intelligence Committee to Alcee Hastings -- only one of six judges in U.S. history to be impeached. Seems like the Dems are hedging on this one, when the only proper response is "no way".
Sean Hannity said yesterday that he figures this is a big win for conservatism.
I'd like to think he's right, but I'm not so sure.
I suspect these disciples of Marxism lite are merely throwing out their most extreme ideas, so anything they may actually do comes off as being more "moderate".
The most open, ethical Congress ever? That title's already lost, Dragon Lady. And the investigations into New Jersey's Bob Menendez and Louisiana's William Jefferson (he of the 90 grand in the freezer) are going to drop more bombs on that theory.
You see, it's all part of the Democratic Party philosophy of government. Corruption is wrong... unless we're the ones getting the dirty slices of the pie.
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.