Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sports update

Penn State to play Florida State in the Orange Bowl...
The better half is happy about this one, as am I. Go Nittany Lions!
As for the rest of the BCS, USC and Texas should be a helluva title game.
And as for the Fiesta Bowl, go Ohio State! Beat Notre Dame! My parish priest tells me I'll have to do some extra time in purgatory because I hate Notre Dame, but...

Seattle 42, Eagles 0
The NFL's Gold Standard? More like tin foil, huh? Three defensive returns for touchdowns? Outrageous! What classic ineptitude!

Flyers lose another key player to injury
Now, it's Joni Pitkanen, the young defenceman who has been playing like an all-star, who's out 4-6 weeks.
At least Esche and Forsberg are likely to be back by next week, if not sooner.
But Primeau's head is still ringing a bit, and they really miss him.
When will it ever end?