Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fun and games

My ol' pal Jamie up in Alberta just got me with this one.
Ten questions.
O.K. Here come 10 answers.
1. If money were no object, what would you be doing with your life? Sitting with a laptop overlooking a beach (preferably on the Outer Banks) working on my book "You Told Me Go To Hell, So I Did".
2. Money is just that - an object, so why aren't you doing it? Money is, sad to say, also a necessity with two growing (too quickly) kids and tuition bills.
3. What's better: horses or cows? Cows. But there is only one sacred cow -- the one that produces my next steak.
4. What do you think the secret to happiness is? There is no secret.
5. When was the last time you had a dream that you either remember well or did not want to awake from? Dunno. Have to think too hard on that one.
6. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A cement truck driver.
7. Complete this statement: Love is... More than most of us can handle, but we all try.
8. Can you tell a good story? (write one!) If you've read this blog, you'll judge if I can or not.
9. Can you remember your last daydream? Seeing my kids earn academic/athletic scholarships so Mom and Dad won't have to work until they're 80.
10. If you were to thank someone today, who would you thank? My wife, my mom, my dad (if he were still around), Barry Goldwater (ditto), Wm. F. Buckley Jr.
---
Do I tag anyone else?
No... instead, I offer all of you the opportunity to post comments here with your own answers.