Thursday, May 26, 2005

I don't get it

Over the past few months, I've been wondering about one thing.
How did Paul Martin ever get to be Prime Minister of Canada?
I don't get it.
There are two things that, if he were a prospective candidate in the U.S. of A., would torch his candidacy before it began.
* Martin's flagship company, CSL, is chartered in Barbados, not Canada. Therefore, his company avoids paying Canada's significantly higher tax rates. On that piece of turf alone, he would be grounded.
* That same company doesn't use Canada's shipbuilding industry. CSL uses Chinese labor -- yes, mainland China, the Communists -- for building its ships. It can't even use Canadian labor. Again, such a candidate would be hooted off the trail faster than you could say "CSL."
He's apparently doing all he can to avoid helping Canada, with his tax dollars and his employment practices. How the Sam Hill can he lead that country?
I'd love for someone of the Librano persuasion to explain that to me. Hey, I'd love for anyone to explain it to me.
I just don't get it.