Wednesday, September 07, 2005

One thing I never heard

... and I wish I would have from someone with some heft...
Yo, you idiots down in N'Awlins runnin' around and lootin'. What the hell do you think you're doin'?
I'll tell you what you're doin'... you're feeding every damn bad stereotype about black folks that ever existed... and what's worse is you're doin' it to your own people.
I'm not gonna crack down on you for liftin' food and water. That's survival. That's a whole different ball game. It may not be right, but that's not a big crime in the big picture.
But you're out there, runnin' around, takin' designer clothes, takin' plasma TVs, takin' computers. What the hell are you thinkin'? You got no electricity for all them damn toys you got there. And you're doin' it for all the damn cameras in the world to see.
That's bad enough. What's worse is you shootin' on the helicopters that could be your way out of the mess. What the hell are you thinkin'? The only thing that could save your sorry butt is one of those helicopters. Why you wanna blow it out of the sky, dummy?
You're all actin' like crabs in a barrel when you do that. Crab starts climbing up, tryin' to get out, and all the others pull him back down. That's what you all are doing in N'Awlins.
You idiots are a damn disgrace to the black race. You're a damn disgrace to the human race.
I'll tell you what -- Dr. King wouldn't have stood for it for a second. He'd have told you that you're feeding the KKK with more ammunition for their tirades.
Cut the crap already.
If someone said this, he or she would have been spot on. If indeed someone did, I'm sorry I missed it. But I didn't hear it out of Rev. Jackson or Rev. Sharpton or anybody else with any standing.
We should have heard it.